Should You Shop Online or In-Store?
One of the first big decisions you’ll make when buying a mattress is deciding where to shop. Online mattress sales are booming, but abundant options remain for buying in a brick-and-mortar store.
The shopping experience is distinct depending on whether you decide to buy online or in-person, and there are benefits and drawbacks to both.
- Browse and buy from the comfort of your own home with no need to drive to a store.
- No pushy salesperson rushing you into a sale to get a commission. Online representatives can answer any questions.
- Abundant reviews let you read about the real experiences of other customers to learn about a product.
- Access exclusive online coupons and discounts.
- Sleep trials let you test the mattress for months before deciding if you want to keep it.
- Shipping, including returns, is usually free.
Buying In Store
- You can actually feel a mattress and try it out in-person before spending a penny.
- Numerous models in the showroom let you actively compare beds in real-time.
- Face-to-face conversation with a salesperson can make sure all your questions are answered right away.
- Opportunity to negotiate for a lower price or other perks.
- Access to sales events and discounts that are only offered in-store.
- Greater confidence and peace-of-mind from having seen and felt the bed yourself.