Pros and Cons of Buying a Mattress Online
Benefits of purchasing a mattress online include the following:
- Purchasing mattresses online is more convenient and less time-consuming than in-person shopping.
- Mattresses available online are usually sold at a lower price than models in brick-and-mortar stores.
- Most online retailers and direct-to-consumer companies provide full product specs on each mattress; this information can be more difficult to find in a store.
- Many in-store mattress salespeople will pressure you into buying more expensive models or unnecessary extras, but this does not occur online.
- Online mattress sellers usually include free delivery, and you will not need to be at home when the delivery is made. In contrast, mattress stores are less likely to offer free delivery and will typically require you to be present to supervise the assembly.
- Online mattress sellers normally offer lower return fees than their brick-and-mortar counterparts.
- Even though you must visit a store to test out different models in-person, the satisfaction rates for online and brick-and-mortar mattress shoppers are nearly identical.
In addition to the pros, here are a few cons of buying a mattress online, rather than in a brick-and-mortar store.
- You will not be able to test out the mattress unless you visit a store.
- Unlike mattress stores that offer full-service delivery, most online retailers and direct-to-consumer companies only provide front-door service. This means you will be responsible for moving the mattress inside and assembling it.
- With few exceptions, online mattress sellers will not remove your old mattress for free. Some companies, such as Saatva and Wright, will provide this service for an additional fee.
- Some mattress websites feature ‘customer service chat windows’ that connect you with sales personnel. However, most sellers do not offer personal customer assistance. This means you must conduct your own product research.
Where Do I Go from Here?
When it comes to purchasing a mattress online, a little bit of research goes a long way. We’ll leave you with a few final tips for using our site to find the best mattress online.
- Our mattress buying guide offers a comprehensive database of information on different mattress brands and types. Use our product comparison tool to see how different models stack up in terms of price, composition, special features and other important considerations.
- Once you’re finished reviewing mattresses on Betterbedderbureau.com, we’ll direct you to the website and product page of the model you select. This allows you to purchase the mattress directly from the company.
- Please reach out to us if you need any help searching or paying for a mattress on Betterbedderbureau.com. Simply fill out our online contact form, and we’ll be happy to assist you to ensure you get the help you need.